• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need cooling suggestions for asus 7800gtx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

As the title says I'm looking to improve over the stock cooling on my ASUS EN7800GTX PCIe card.

Hopefully nothing too complicated to install.

I use a zalman vf-900cu cooler. It is not the best cooler, but runs really quiet and keeps my 7900gt at 39C Idle and around 46C load. Pretty easy to install. Just make sure that the base isn't tilted as you're screwing it down so you don't crack the core.

Stock cooler is a good cooler on a GTX cards. You dont need anything else.
Just take it apart now and then, clean out all the dust from with in the cooling fins, and on the fan blades.

DumpALump said:
I use a zalman vf-900cu cooler. It is not the best cooler, but runs really quiet and keeps my 7900gt at 39C Idle and around 46C load. Pretty easy to install. Just make sure that the base isn't tilted as you're screwing it down so you don't crack the core.

I agree ..... go with the Zalman... my brother is using and it works perfect, exp. if you don't have a lot of room..... I would use it too if I was having cooling issues..... Thk you can pick one up for under 30$ to.:beer:

what about the Fatal1ty FC-ZV9???
Less than $10 difference and sounds like a better cooler......

i just got the Fatal1ty FC-ZV9. cools like a dream at low rpm. ~1700rpm and you cant hear it at those speeds.. but at high ~3600rpm its SUPER noisy. but cools a few ekstra degrees.. + it looks cool ;)

dsc00009na9.jpg

and its those red ram coolers it comes with. i just let my VF900 ram coolers stay on. and used the red ones on the volt thingys.. and the fan glows red too.

ps. Sorry for image quality. its taken with my phone camara.

Ordered a Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5(rev3) from AxionTech.com
Paid $19.99 +Shipping

Back