• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two ATI1950's or one GTX8800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mudhen00

Monarch Sucks
I'm building a new system based around the ASUS p5w DH and the Intel QX6700. My question is wiich would be better for performance and price - 2 ATI 1950's or one NVIDIA GTX8800?

I'm going to be 3D gaming primarily, and my monitor is a 24" Sony.

Thanks
Mudhen

What is the resolution of your moniter? 24" are usually 1920X1080 or 1900X1200 I believe.

Either way I would have to say that the 8800 GTS offers the best bang for the buck for you. What games do you play?

Mudhen00 said:
I'm building a new system based around the ASUS p5w DH and the Intel QX6700. My question is wiich would be better for performance and price - 2 ATI 1950's or one NVIDIA GTX8800?

I'm going to be 3D gaming primarily, and my monitor is a 24" Sony.

Thanks
Mudhen

well jeeze if your spending that much on a processor why not get the asus striker extreme... and 2 8800gtx's for SLI MADNESS! but right now even a single GTX would be the way to go.

nd4spdbh2 said:
well jeeze if your spending that much on a processor why not get the asus striker extreme... and 2 8800gtx's for SLI MADNESS! but right now even a single GTX would be the way to go.

Agreed. If anything at least the 8800GTX. Its easier to work with 1 card than 2, and if anything the 8800GTX is DX10 so it will last a little longer.

As much as I love ATI, 8800gtx is the current choice if you want to upgrade now. No brainer really.

Back