• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to shut my Ultra-D the hell up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squads

The chipset fan is LOUD as most of you know. I adjusted it in ITE smart guardian so it runs quite a bit quieter, but it is still by far the loudest part of my computer. I run at 300htt so I need a decent replacement cooler which is nice and quiet. What are my options for replacement?

Hmm that looks cool , I have a ultra D on the way . so if any one else has some Ideas im intrested as well.

The Evercool is much cheaper, I'm gonna get that when SVC gets Lian-Li black bezels back in stock. I just changed cases and, now that my case fans are so much quieter, the Chipset fan noise is knawing at my brain.

that would get in the way of the top PCI-E slot. You need a low profile sink on the Ultra-D if you want to use that spot. You'll see what I mean when you get the board.

i use this on mine thermalright hr-05 sli of course i chopped it up a bit but its awesome only chopped it cause i had no place for it to fit anymore

IMG_1001.JPG

The Thermalright HR-05 and Evercool-RE are two excellent choices.. I use the Evercool on both of my boards, its silent and performs great.

Back