• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating my HT Speakers, DIY Style!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
I have a miss-mash of Altec Lansing speakers from the late 80's/early 90's. I bought 5 RS-180 with the free shipping PE had during x-mas, wish i working agian or I would have bought my new HT sub as well.

I will be building Jon Marsh's Modula TM's. What i have so far are 5 rs-180's, i will be placing the order for the Seas 27TDFC tweeter rather soon. i will be doing the boxes slightly different then jon's used. baffle width will remain the same so no changeing the xo will be needed. i am going to make it sealed which as a plus slims the box down. since this is meant for HT i wanted the higher power handling over the lower F3 the ported offers. The F3 as show in Winisd is 70hz in a box @ .4 cu.ft. this is oversized to allow for space taken up by the driver/xo/bracing. Planning on my HT sub to be the DAYTON RSS265HF-4 10" HIGH FIDELITY SUBWOOFER with the PE-240watt amp.

Following the BOM the total projected cost is $564 for drivers/xo parts. consider if you place a order 4 or over, $2 is take off for each driver.

Back