• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubuntu on PS3 *CALLING ALL PS3 OWNERS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Might want to ask Vijay about this, afaik the PS3 folding client and core, hasn't been released yet.

Adak

The linux F@H client is X86(-64) only as of now. The Cell is based off a PPC architecture and runs PPC linux versions. There will be a PS3 folding client, and it will probably utilize the Cell's power better than a Linux PPC client would.

LG Plasma TV's also use PPC CPU's, and we have one model in our store right now that has a 160 GB HDD for the built in DVR. Now if only I could find a way to borg a plasma TV............

I don't see what's bad about not being able to do this. It's not like the PS3 isn't getting its own client soon anyways; which will no doubt be specifically tailor made for its architecture.

deadlysyn said:
LG Plasma TV's also use PPC CPU's, and we have one model in our store right now that has a 160 GB HDD for the built in DVR. Now if only I could find a way to borg a plasma TV............

LOL

@Sorin -- yeah, but who knows when there going to release it

Back