• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's This ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Takovr

Was able to over-clock my 4800 cpu to 2.9 all on a thermal take big typhoon heat-sink!

Attachments

• cpu.JPG
    cpu.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 77
seems stable

seems stable so far, ran 3dmarks 2006 8 times and no problem.

The only reason to do a .5 would be for memory speed. These are usually not stable though. Have you tested stability? I would want it to be Orthos Small FTT stable for at least 8 hours to be considered stable.
Takovr said:
seems stable so far, ran 3dmarks 2006 8 times and no problem.
Not a good stability test.

Try Orthos or Super PI. Super PI 32M is good for a quick stability test but Orthos or dual Prime 95 is the only real way to test for stability.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
usually if you can pass pcmark, you can orthos for a long while...
He ran 3DMark though. I have been able to run 3DMark on OC's that fail Orthos in under a minute.

Hmmm now i have the opposite problem.Anything over 2.8ghz
for me and i can run ortho's or OCCT all night but i cant run 3Dmark06
completely.But i think its a driver problem with my stupid 6800GS's.They are so picky with driver's

Last edited:
CPU test in 06 is pretty intensive probably just the things that it does that make it hang. It could also be your memory as memory is stressed much more in 06 than Orthos.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
usually if you can pass pcmark, you can orthos for a long while...
I hate PC mark it takes so loong to turn all the services and crap back on just to run a bench mark so I dont bother with it .

I just Super Pi as my quick test =) and move on to orthos from there

||Console|| said:
I hate PC mark it takes so loong to turn all the services and crap back on just to run a bench mark so I dont bother with it .

I just Super Pi as my quick test =) and move on to orthos from there

yeah, usually i'm looking at stability tests before i do any os tweaking, so everything is already turned on.

i know what you mean tho.. :)

Mattster2k5 said:
nice. I wish my A64 3500 overclocked like that.
What is your max OC ? its no in your sig . With the gear you have im sure we can get your oc to @ least 2.5-2.6

Back