• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

70 errors in 10 minutes in memtest86+!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yensen

Sometimes when playing BF2142 the computer would just reboot, no error message, no nothing. Only in BF2142 it reboots, so this is really weird. I naturally suspected the memory as the culprit and ran memtest. Got over 70 errors in 10 minutes... Started erroring @ test 1. (This was the first time I ran memtest on this computer, since I didn't deem it necessary because I was under the rated mhz/timings)

I'm running P5B-deluxe with 0804 and 2gb Rhino DDR2 (rated 2.1-2.3v, 800mhz 4-4-4-9) @ 2,25v, 667mhz, 4-4-4-9. Running @ 1:1 with overclocked E6400.

Is the memory faulty? Maybe a BIOS option stressing the memory?

Any help is appreciated.

I'd ease up on your overclock and see if that doesn't fix the problem go back to stock (if need be) to see if that doesn't fix the problem if it does then your overclock ain't stable.

did you stress test your overclock?

I see you have sig for your old school rig, but what about the one your running now? Throw one together so we know what your workin with. I think I spent a week tweaking and stress testing till I found the magic combo.
I would try what Flanker12k said and just go back to stock and then take your time and make small adjustments and tweak and test slowly, maybe you will find the happy spot.
good luck!

I'll up the CPU/FSB/NB voltages a bit and see if that helps. My temps are 40C CPU and 33C Mobo. This is with the case open. Will probably be 1-2C higher with the case closed.

I only stressed it for about an hour, but I'll leave it on over the night when I go to bed.

I have to admit it's a pretty sloppy/careless overclock.

(Probably a good idea to update my sig, yeah)

Okay so I figured out the problem. One of the sticks are faulty. Gonna send it back for a replacement. Thanks for the help everybody :)

Back