• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CMOS and 8800's in SLI Mod.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Section8

As you all know getting to the CMOS jumper is impossible when running Dual 8800's. Here is a quick and easy mod that will allow access to it at any time without disassembling your entire rig. Just cost me $3.00 for a SPDT toggle switch from Radio Shack. I also used an old case fan I had laying around and cut off the cord to the fan keeping the 3 pin connector. I then soldered the 3 wires to the Toggle switch and that was it. I never have to worry about pulling the system all apart to reset CMOS again. Which in my case is a pain in the arse due to the Vapo.

100_0307.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_0309.jpg

If you do a search, someone posted the same mod on the badaxe when it came out..
I've seen it done on dfistreet back on a 939 build as well, he mounted the swich by drilling a hole just above the PCI backplate so he could acess the swich from the outside of the case (in the back out of the way of goof-ups)

Always a good idea, expecialy with mobos that need reset alot or in cases like yours were the GFX(s) will be in the way.

Back