• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C question for the x1950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
New to ATI so the drivers are new to me also.I burned this card in for a week and today O/ced using the ccc driver. Does the ccc driver not recognize the GUI client as a 3d app? It shut off the O/c so I unchecked the box "Enable ATI Overdrive clocks for 3dapplications only".

Also is there any data on the amount an O/C helps run FAH?

My settings are 627/773. Have the ATItool keeping temps at 70.

Any other useful bits on O/Cing an ATI card?

Since i only fold on my gpu's i don't install the full catalyst suite ... just the video drivers. Then use atitool to oc it.

I have a 1950 pro (570 core vs your 1950's 580) which atitool doesn't let me touch the vc but on the other x1900's i run them all at 1.375v.

If your cooling is good i would expect you should be able to get your core clocks up to at least 700 which will improve your folding time proportionately ... hopefully without much V bump on the core.
Not sure how fast the mem goes on the x1950's but core speed is more important.

Temps up to 90 max for the card but i like to keep mine below 80.

3dmark05 is what i use as an oc stability test. 06 is good too but it runs too long for impatient me.

Well then I'm plenty cool, its not struggling at all to keep it at 70. I'll bump the core up a little at a time till I reach 700.....Or smell smoke.:)

I just installed the ccc driver just to see what's in it, nothing I really need there so I'll probably Uninstall and keep using ATItool as well.

Oh also the 3d Protein is moving a noticeble amount faster is that a direct connection to faster folding (GUI client) ?

I'll check my finish time and see if it starts moving backwards as well. This is just too much fun.:)

Thank you Pete.

Last edited:
dfonda said:
Well then I'm plenty cool, its not struggling at all to keep it at 70. I'll bump the core up a little at a time till I reach 700.....Or smell smoke.:)

I just installed the ccc driver just to see what's in it, nothing I really need there so I'll probably Uninstall and keep using ATItool as well.

Oh also the 3d Protein is moving a noticeble amount faster is that a direct connection to faster folding (GUI client) ?

I'll check my finish time and see if it starts moving backwards as well. This is just too much fun.:)

Thank you Pete.

I think looking at the 3d protein slows it down a bunch so don't look at it too much :)

Back