• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digicam reccomendations (~$100)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionlion82

okay, i am looking at digicams right now, and i need only 3 things in my price range.

(i want a point and shoot digicam, i allready have plenty of good cameras {former photo student})

1. i want to be able to do ~30sec video clips with sound.

2. must be available from amazon. (oh, teh gift cardz)

3. at least in the 5MP ballpark, but some flex here.

basically anything in the 5mp range is okay, but i want to be able to do better than my 2.5 MP pro (really old and cumbersome) digicam, at under $100 at amazon with video clips.

any reccomendations? i can spend all day on amazon and *plenty of stuff looks good*, but i have nothing to compare it to as i am not "in the know"...

any suggestions?

EDIT: looking at the samsung A503...

No recommendation from me except for one thing. Make sure whatever cam you get has x64 and/or Vista drivers. A lot of cheap cams have neither and will not be having either.

JMHO

thanks all, but the -other- stuff i ordered sucked up $40 in shipping (WTF! it costs more to ship all the stuff than to buy it?)

even if i added the A503 (tried that) it would like... be, the pricetags were covered but i would have to pay more than a half of a days wages just in shipping - and i dont play like that. amazon is pretty good, but nothing short of a complete ripoff on shipping. (and its going out in 4 seperate shipments between like now and the end of the month- who engineered that crap?)

i took a raincheck on the camera. i like the samsund and the cannon - but
i diddnt need it at much as i needed the other things i ended up with...
one of these days ill make sure to whine about it in VD...
and one of these days ill get me a point and shoot digital....

Hmmm, I usually get free shipping at Amazon when my order is over $25. Maybe what you bought isn't eligible though, dunno.

Place over $25 of eligible Amazon.com products in your Shopping Cart. (Eligible items will say "eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping…" next to their price.)

Back