• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need opinion...POLL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is not a trick question, but a literal one.
Core2due, other then your screen name, why do you recommend the 775 socket?

I say 775 as well

Reason being is that although AM2 is new for them its barely a step up from what they had.

775 seems to have a much longer life span ahead of it with intel changing things around the socket to improve it.

BigDan3131 said:
I say 775 as well

Reason being is that although AM2 is new for them its barely a step up from what they had.

775 seems to have a much longer life span ahead of it with intel changing things around the socket to improve it.

agreed 775 for now and future... 775 has been around for quite some time and will continue to be around... its been through single cores, single cores with ht, dual cores (2 physical cores, 1 physical core with 2 sub cores) 90nm 65nm core 2 duo... and now quad cores... i think she will be around for some time. unlike amd which needs a socket change when anything major happens (in the way the memory is setup... 754 single channel ddr, 939 dual channel ddr, am2 dual channel ddr2)

Kentfeild garrenteed.. yourktown possible.

AM2
X2's and opties.. MAYBE a choked down K8L (wich looks on paper to be roughly equal to kentfeild but yourktown will smoke it!! )

775 is the safest long term bet for performance.

Thank you guys for the input. I will be looking for a new board and chip to build a new rig this year. Thank you all again

Back