• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does DFI NF4 Expert have SATA problems too?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
I have this board and I'm wondering if I can use all 4 of the top SATA ports on an overclocked system? I've read that on the regular Ultra-D boards you can't use the SATA 1&2 ports on an overclocked system. Is this true on the Expert boards as well?

HousERaT said:
I have this board and I'm wondering if I can use all 4 of the top SATA ports on an overclocked system? I've read that on the regular Ultra-D boards you can't use the SATA 1&2 ports on an overclocked system. Is this true on the Expert boards as well?

I could be wrong with this, but I belive that was nF3 boards, not the nF4 boards. I've got an Expert and I've used all 4 SATA ports on an overclocked system with no problems.

torin3 said:
I could be wrong with this, but I belive that was nF3 boards, not the nF4 boards. I've got an Expert and I've used all 4 SATA ports on an overclocked system with no problems.
What have you found to be the most stable bios for the Expert board?

HousERaT said:
What have you found to be the most stable bios for the Expert board?

I've only used the BIOS that came with the board 4/xx/2006 (xx=06 or 10, I don't remember). It has been very stable up to about 2.8Ghz.

I only use 2 SATA ports but have not had any problems.

I also use the original bios that came with the board. I have not had a reason to update it.

Back