• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all 8800gts the same?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaciFIST69

I was reading some reviews on Newegg (not very scientific :rolleyes: ) and noticed that XFX and PNY cards seemed to have the most cards that can do 1000+ mem clock. Is this just a coincidence or are the manufacturers' cards different (hardware-wise)? Apologies if this has been asked already...

they are all the same... although EVGA is a very good company just for the benefits they offer.. there are some companies now that are selling overclocked versions of the 8800s

I know they're all "the same" but is it possible that one manufacturer's cards OC better than others and does anyone know which one(s) it might be?

i have found that EVGA cards yeild higher average ocs than say an average of the same card from a different manufacture... i mean there might be the couple crazy ocers from what ever company but EVGA is king IMO.

my evga runs 650/2000 without breaking sweat - 650/2000 is the farthest i have time to push it. under load she doesnt break 60 so im thinking there is a little left in her... my 900 does a good job of changing the air in my case though.

eVGA also lets you do about anything you want to their cards exp a hard volt mod - and they will still honor the warrenty. FTW IMO

Back