• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA+ and Allied PS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
I might be getting an Epox 8KHA+ to replace an Asus A7M266 mobo that's screwing up all over the place (and I don't like cleaning it up).
I like much of what I've seen about this mobo, but I also saw some complaints about the pickieness of the KT2266A chipset. My PS is an Allied AMD approved 400W, and I want to make sure that if I get this mobo, I'll be able to run it without the problems that others are having.

i'd like to know also, i wanted to get a EPOX 8KHA+ to replace a crappy Abit KT7 that is the ultimate piece of crap. I have a Enermax 350watt power supply, will it work ok with the EPOX ? As for the allied supply you have, i have never heard of them, but if your not having problems now, i wouldn't worry too much. i have heard of 5v line problems with the EPOX 8K7A, but i wasn't sure about the 8KHA+

Thanks red. Do you konw what it is that causes the instablilty?
Sorry you're not going to be around much longer.

you're enermax 350 watt PSU prob won't work, thats what ive got and DAMN it sucks.

im gonna switch to a stabler board.

this enermax has problems keeping stable voltages on a power friendly abit KT7, although there is some screwed up capacitors on the board which i need to replace may be putting a drain on the PSU. If this supply dosent work, i'll either have to make a 5v line booster, or just get a antec 412x 400 watt PSU, these have adjuster screws to fine tune the power output.

ill also be getting the epoxkha+... would it work on a generic 300 watt psu? i wont be overclocking it for a while. thats before i get a brand name psu. opinons anybody?

Back