• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest version of Toast for AMD processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanerbeet

Registered
For those that are interested I am happy to announce that I have updated Toast for AMD processors... The official home page is http://damage.vigilantesoftware.com

There is a really old version floating around the net that was originally optimized for Athlon pre-XP processors (damn that _was_ a long time ago), so I felt like it was important to get the latest version out there.

Anyway I know a few people on this forum have asked where to get the it, so hopefully this helps you guys out. If you like it, please spread the word.

Toast is (in my opinion) the best CPU stress tester out there; it can crash a computer that was previously thought to be stable, especially those that are at the bleeding edge.. It raises the temperature really, _really_ fast and nothing else is as tortureous to your processor. Trust me :)

[EDIT] Homepage updated.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Small FTT Prime95 will do just as well. But thanks for the updated version. I have never used it... Anyone else like it?

Imma have to try that out once I get home, it might be interesting to see if my OC on my main rig really is that stable.

Nanerbeet said:
For those that are interested I am happy to announce that I have updated Toast for AMD processors... The official home page is http://www.nanerbeet.com/toast

There is a really old version floating around the net that was originally optimized for Athlon pre-XP processors (damn that _was_ a long time ago), so I felt like it was important to get the latest version out there.

Anyway I know a few people on this forum have asked where to get the it, so hopefully this helps you guys out. If you like it, please spread the word.

Toast is (in my opinion) the best CPU stress tester out there; it can crash a computer that was previously thought to be stable, especially those that are at the bleeding edge.. It raises the temperature really, _really_ fast and nothing else is as tortureous to your processor. Trust me :)

Nice I used toast back in the day when i had a 2400+m will give it a shot

Just as in the Intel thread, I'm moving this to programming, as it appears that you are looking for feedback on software that you're writing. Thanks, and welcome to the forums! --Paul

Just as in the Intel thread, I'm moving this to programming, as it appears that you are looking for feedback on software that you're writing. Thanks, and welcome to the forums! --Paul

Really these belong in software as he isn't asking any programming or development related questions, he's promoting his own software. These seemed more like spam than anything else actually.

These seemed more like spam than anything else actually.

I wouldn't say that to be honest, he's asking for feedback on something he's developed from the people the software was designed for. The software is for overclockers and this is the overclockers forum. Its not like he's saying "Look! Buy my software!"

I'll certainly give it try when my cooling is up to scratch...

I wouldn't say that to be honest, he's asking for feedback on something he's developed from the people the software was designed for. The software is for overclockers and this is the overclockers forum. Its not like he's saying "Look! Buy my software!"

I'll certainly give it try when my cooling is up to scratch...

Exactly. Thanks bro :)

Now that the thread is tucked away in the programming forum its unlikely anyone will ever know about this usefull tool.

Exactly. Thanks bro :)

Now that the thread is tucked away in the programming forum its unlikely anyone will ever know about this usefull tool.

Well, you can certainly understand this from a moderator's point of view: a member with a very low post count posts an unknown program with no verifiable source code asking people to run it. We wouldn't be looking out for our community if we didn't treat it cautiously.

Get the feedback here from users who are a bit savvier to the potential pitfalls (and who are able to provide you with more meaningful comments), and then we'll see about moving you back into more general sections. This seems like the most prudent course of action to me. -- Paul

Well, you can certainly understand this from a moderator's point of view: a member with a very low post count posts an unknown program with no verifiable source code asking people to run it. We wouldn't be looking out for our community if we didn't treat it cautiously.

Get the feedback here from users who are a bit savvier to the potential pitfalls (and who are able to provide you with more meaningful comments), and then we'll see about moving you back into more general sections. This seems like the most prudent course of action to me. -- Paul

Yeh i agree with you completely i just disagreed with spagnitz saying it was "Spam"..

Back