• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with soundcard and headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nocturnal714

The Lost Soul
was trying to get my headset to work with ventrillo last night. i couldn't get my headset/mic to work with my speakers. either the sound wouldn't go through to the headset or it wouldn't go through the speakers. not only that i couldn't get any output to go out through the mic and if i did it all had to be through the soundcard and there was a crazy echo. :bang head anything i'm doing wrong? any thing i need to do with setup with vent? i have a creative labs soundblaster card. any help would be appreciated. thx

nocturnal714 said:
was trying to get my headset to work with ventrillo last night. i couldn't get my headset/mic to work with my speakers. either the sound wouldn't go through to the headset or it wouldn't go through the speakers. not only that i couldn't get any output to go out through the mic and if i did it all had to be through the soundcard and there was a crazy echo. :bang head anything i'm doing wrong? any thing i need to do with setup with vent? i have a creative labs soundblaster card. any help would be appreciated. thx

By any chance were you using it while playing a game or just outside of a game screen....... Usually when people get the crazy echo it's because they have set Vent to key on the same key as their game.....

PretzelPusher2 said:
By any chance were you using it while playing a game or just outside of a game screen....... Usually when people get the crazy echo it's because they have set Vent to key on the same key as their game.....

yea i have a set key to open up the voice action.

i have always preferred to use 2 sound cards or 1 sound card and a usb headset
i have my XFi running my 5.1 speakers and the onboard sound strictly for teamspeak... i use the mic in on the xfi so that i can still use my mic for bf squad speak but the teamspeak output is set to my onboard(headset) so the voices dont interfere with my games

smokie mcpott said:
i have always preferred to use 2 sound cards or 1 sound card and a usb headset
i have my XFi running my 5.1 speakers and the onboard sound strictly for teamspeak... i use the mic in on the xfi so that i can still use my mic for bf squad speak but the teamspeak output is set to my onboard(headset) so the voices dont interfere with my games

Wow, that's complicated...... I just set my vent speak to key on "C" and left CSS in game chat on "K"..... same in BF.... I run everything on my X-Fi XtremeMusic

its not complicated, i just prefer to hear actual voices when people speak to me, not the game mixed with voices...if i want i can just take my headphones off and i still have gamesounds... plus with a lil smokie runnin around i cant let him hear the stuff that we talk about on teamspeak

maybe its just because my teamspeak server is so busy at times, but i prefer to separate everything so nothing gets lost in the chaos that is COD2, BF2, BF2142

smokie mcpott said:
maybe its just because my teamspeak server is so busy at times, but i prefer to separate everything so nothing gets lost in the chaos that is COD2, BF2, BF2142

Yeah..... I don't have that problem... we only have 5 people on one channel at a time and we only communicate when needed or Dead..... Channel clutter is never an issue on our CSS vent servers...

I stay out of the pubs for the most part.

nocturnal714 said:

You did set your input and output levels in vent right..... ??

PretzelPusher2 said:
Yeah..... I don't have that problem... we only have 5 people on one channel at a time and we only communicate when needed or Dead..... Channel clutter is never an issue on our CSS vent servers...

I stay out of the pubs for the most part.

yeah...our TS server is public, but we dont get a lot of random people in there...nearly everyone on our TS is a regular player on one of our servers...
i think our clan member count is in the 60's at the moment and our Regz team is in the 30's... our clan is big and sometimes there will be 12 or more people in the bf2142 channel

if ya get bored and want to play on one of our servers head on over to www.theperfectgeneral.com and check us out... and we dont mind the company in our TS server either

smokie mcpott said:
yeah...our TS server is public, but we dont get a lot of random people in there...nearly everyone on our TS is a regular player on one of our servers...
i think our clan member count is in the 60's at the moment and our Regz team is in the 30's... our clan is big and sometimes there will be 12 or more people in the bf2142 channel

if ya get bored and want to play on one of our servers head on over to www.theperfectgeneral.com and check us out... and we dont mind the company in our TS server either

Thnks..... I appreciate that..... I'll have to be honest though.... I am a wizz at CSS but I'm a complete noob in 2142..... I love the game but It takes some getting used too..... I'll check it out

what other games do you play?
we have servers for
BF2
BF2142
MOHAA Spearhead
SOF2
COD2
COD:UO
FEAR
and we will definitely have servers for the new games comin up
Crysis
Quake Wars, etc