• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get rid of the multiplier restriction?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bramble-way

I'm thorouthly new in C/O. I've just bought a Duron 800 and am thrilled to have read of C/O'ing it to 1G/1.1G.

Coming question is how should I further step to unlock the multiplier and what other regular steps?

Thanks alot in advance,
-BW-

i got a duron 800 and connected the bridges before trying it. then i whapped it up to 133 FSB and had problems. after taking it back down again and erasing the pencil trails, the damn thing still runs at any multiplier i set in the bios!

i have an abit kt7a. is this feature normal? the bridges dont seem to be connected and im sure i got rid of all the graphite...

i am getting an athlon 1133 with antec jet cool. the reviews mention that the cooler comes with a thermal paste which is very sticky. could this get in the way of me connecting my bridges to overclock? i plan to try this cpu at the stock speed BEFORE overclocking ;)

Back