• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii: Reconnaisance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Well I've been sitting over here puzzled at the shortage of Wiimotes in the states for weeks. Puzzled because I pass by a stack of two or three hundred wiimotes a day on my way to and from work. Still doesn't make any sense to me, but here's the proof:

Attachments

• virgin mega 1000 wiimotes.jpg
    virgin mega 1000 wiimotes.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 140
Interesting.... If the French aren't buying into the Wii what are they buying, the 360 or the PS3? Perhaps the French just don't care about gaming? Maybe I'll take a road trip to Quebec City and see if I can find some Wiis.

FudgeNuggets said:
Interesting.... If the French aren't buying into the Wii what are they buying, the 360 or the PS3? Perhaps the French just don't care about gaming? Maybe I'll take a road trip to Quebec City and see if I can find some Wiis.

Actually the Wii is sold out ALMOST everywhere. But not the wiimotes. The reason? Gaming is really a "niche" market here. And everyone that was going to get a Wii has one. But there's no such thing as a "casual gamer" in France. You'll never find a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th player. Either you're a hardcore gamer or you don't play. And Adults DO NOT play videogames. You're not going to see a bunch of adults on good morning america (or France as it were...) playing Wii tennis. It's socially inacceptable.

And that's just one pic mind you. There are WALLS full of wiimotes. (I have to reduce the size then I'll post the rest.

All those Wiimotes are packaged with Wii Play. More demos and such, but at least you're getting a game w/ your Wiimote, which is how most people perceive it.

I might just have to pick up yet another Wiimote when Wii Play is released over here.

Where are all the Wii-motes you ask? Being packed with Wii-Play obviously. I still don't know why its taking so freaking long to release here. What the hell is the world coming to, Europe getting something before us??? :)

I have my second wii-mote, still yet to spot another nunchuck though. Haven't even seen anymore motes in stores in quite a while. But until more games are out its not that big a deal.

ok that makes sense, they are all with wii-play which is released everywhere except the u.s.a. lol

so that's where the wiimotes have been hiding. thanks for forgetting about america nintendo.

Hahahha! I was wondering why I never heard anybody talking about Wiiplay :p

I guess I'll pick up one of these things while I'm here. I could always mod or figure out a way to play it on an American system later. Wiiplay must be a European disc.

Wii Play is being released in February in North America. It'll get here eventually.

I think most people will just buy it for the Wiimote, however :p

Oni said:
Wii Play is being released in February in North America. It'll get here eventually.

I think most people will just buy it for the Wiimote, however :p
According to Wal-mart its already here. 50 bucks, but its listed as a game that comes with a free wiimote :confused:

So if I find a Wii before they release Wiiplay, should I hold off on buying an additional Wiimote until its' out or will they offer it separate or by download at a reasonable price?

Forgot to mention that during my research (in Paris mind you) I came across two Wiis (one French, one Japanese) and two PS3s (which haven't even been RELEASED in Europe yet.) The first ps3 was 999 euros with two games. (And it was the 20gb model) the second was a much more reasonable 699 euros (and it was the 60gb model). The first Wii was 290 euros (french model) the second was 380 (japanese model).

So I could DEFINATELY have gotten the 290 wii (only a mild ripoff similar to what I paid to my "oh-so-worth-it" E6400) if I really wanted one. I'm sure it would be even easier if I had my own car in the states. It would get DONE.

But the 699 euro PS3 was a bit of a surprise. I said before that gaming was a niche market here. I don't think they're going to sell many 600 euro PS3s in Paris.

FudgeNuggets said:
So if I find a Wii before they release Wiiplay, should I hold off on buying an additional Wiimote until its' out or will they offer it separate or by download at a reasonable price?

I don't think Wiiplay is all that astonishing. If you find extra Wiimotes might as well go ahead and buy them. I'll probably buy one of these things just to see what all the fuss is about.

i thought wii play was the online multiplayer for wii, apparently after reading ign i was wrong? so when can you actually use the wii to play online games?

rainless: that e6400, is that the conroe xe monster?

PYROMANIAC said:
i thought wii play was the online multiplayer for wii, apparently after reading ign i was wrong? so when can you actually use the wii to play online games?

rainless: that e6400, is that the conroe xe monster?

No. the x6800 is the xe monster. But overclocked I'm faster :beer:

PYROMANIAC said:

The first game to support online play will be Pokemon Battle Revolution. After that it's really anybody's guess.

I know that Super Smash Bros: Brawl is supposed to support online play as well, but I don't know when we'll see that.

Oh, Nintendo. Why do you hate online gaming so much?

Oni said:
The first game to support online play will be Pokemon Battle Revolution. After that it's really anybody's guess.

I know that Super Smash Bros: Brawl is supposed to support online play as well, but I don't know when we'll see that.

Oh, Nintendo. Why do you hate online gaming so much?

They already proved they could do it on the DS with Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart... both NINTENDO house games mind you. Their reasons for not ALREADY having the wii online? It's a mystery to me... but we're talking about a traditionally contradictory company.

Back