Cases and Case Modding
Forum Jump

Older style GW2K case w/ newer MB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-18-07, 11:43 AM Thread Starter   #1
megadeus
Registered

Older style GW2K case w/ newer MB

I've got a older style GW2K case for my somewhat new PC. The numbers on the front of the case, probably model number(s) are GP7-550. I checked out the wires in the case and I have the following:

Blue/White = Power switch.
Red/Black - HDD LED
Orange/Green = Power LED.
Black = I believe is the ground.

The MB I'm using is this one:

BIOSTAR P4M80-M4

Now I know that this case is not an up to date ATX, with a reset switch and all, but basically I'd like to know which of the above wires goes to which jumper on the MB.

If that is unknown then at least I'd like to know which one is the ground wire out of the ones listed, besides the obvious one (Black)

If needed I can take some pictures of it but I won't be able to post them until next week.

If you're wondering why I'm using an older case it's because I'm building this PC on a very tight budget. The CPU was free and the case and PS are free as well as the memory.

Thanks for any help!

Paul
megadeus is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-18-07, 11:57 AM   #2
speed bump

Power switch will work either way. For the other HD light try it both ways it will only work one way though. As for the other three most older case power lights have three connectors. Depending on how you plug them in you can either get green or orange from the led.

Ever run a benchmark? support our forums by posting it in the 3dmark team and system benchmarking team sections.
My heatware

Silence may be golden but performance is platinum
speed bump is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-18-07, 03:59 PM Thread Starter   #3
megadeus
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed bump
Power switch will work either way. For the other HD light try it both ways it will only work one way though. As for the other three most older case power lights have three connectors. Depending on how you plug them in you can either get green or orange from the led.
Thank You!!

I guess my main concern was getting the wires mixed up and blowing something.

P
Old 01-19-07, 12:01 AM   #4
speed bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadeus
Thank You!!

I guess my main concern was getting the wires mixed up and blowing something.

P
Very unlikely. I remember in the bad old days when things werent labeled very well spending twenty minutes trying to figure out where everything plugged in.

Ever run a benchmark? support our forums by posting it in the 3dmark team and system benchmarking team sections.
My heatware

Silence may be golden but performance is platinum
speed bump is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-19-07, 04:04 PM Thread Starter   #5
megadeus
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed bump
Very unlikely. I remember in the bad old days when things werent labeled very well spending twenty minutes trying to figure out where everything plugged in.
Same here. That's why I mentioned it

I should be putting this together next week. My CPU fan comes in then so I'll be all set.

Thanks again!

P

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cases and Case Modding
Cases and Case Modding