• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recommendations for a High CFM case with lots of cable room

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzureNightmareX

Registered
I'm looking at increasing the maximum airflow so I can overclock my system better without having the clutter of cables to ruin my day and consequently my system. The case I am looking for must have a very high CFM rating of 200 or more, preferably more (stock of course). This in turn will help my watercooling system do its job more effectively and allow me to overclock higher. So far Im looking at the Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T but if theres something better than that out there and has more room for cables and hardware I am all ears.

CM Stacker or the Antec 900. Both will take multiple 120mm fans.

The Antec coming stock with a 200mm 134cfm fan and 120mm 79cfm fan for exhaust. That's over 200 cfm right there with no mods, plus the 2 120mm intake fans pushing almost 160cfm.

Stacker is just as good, and adds a 3rd 120mm intake fan, as well as an optional 300mm cross-flow blower. This case has the potential to blow more air than the Antec, but will come at the cost of extra noise from the multiple 80mm fans as well as the 120mm fans. (Although the stacker 830 doesn't have 80mm fans and has spots for 120mm cross-flow fans)

I'm going to reccomend the Antec 900. I just bought one and am pretty happy with it.

It does need some holes cut i nthe MB tray to be at its best, though.

Im looking for a case that has a high stock CFM, has the ability to accomodate even more fans for a higher amount of CFM and plenty of room for cables and hardware (i.e.: large video cards, multiple hard drives, and multiple disc drives)

I'm in the same boat. My Xaser III is starting to get a little cramped.

The 900 is smaller than what I have. The stacker 830 & 832 are nice and big but wow, $250 and only 1-2 120mm fans included. Plus there seem to be issues with Video card seatings and the doors......

I'm beginning to wonder if the Armor is not the best solution...

I currently have a Chieftec Dragon series Case, that isnt worth a damn space-wise, Cables are everywhere and crowd control (aka cable management is a laughable thought at best since the layout of the case is so horrible for space, but then again it was produced long before video card companies came out with these monstrous super long and wide video cards so I really cant pin the blame on the manufacturer, it just so happens that my case is outdated for what i am running.

well I have been in the TT Xaser for longer than I have ever been in a case. I think over 3 years..maybe 4.
Can't say that I have had any real complaints with it except having to clean those filters so regularly....

My son or daughter is gonna be real excited when I hand this case down to them.

well if it helps I have ordered the CM Stacker 832. It's an all black model of the 830. Should have it Monday. I'll post what I think about it.

Back