• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dyndns help :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

I setup an account today with dyndns and install apachefriends and configured wordpress. From the computer http:/localhost everything is fine.

Here is the problem.

The routers IP is 192.168.1.1
My DSL Modem is 192.168.0.1

When I go to my dyndns web address, my GUI for my dsl router (192.168.0.1) is showing up, thus not allowing me access to the ftp/web site/ email or anything running on my server.

Please help me configure "something" so that dyndns address points to
IP but when it forwards from "dyndns" to "IP" it dont forward to 192.168.0.1 I need 192.168.1.1 and i see no settings to make it change.

if its a linksys router, go to the DNS page in the router settings and select DYNDNS from the drop down menu, fill in your info....voila

Reading your note further.. it looks like you're getting to the modem not the router, which implies that your modem is running as a router. You might want to convert that to "bridge" mode so that it's transparent, and your router gets the dyndns link.

Alternatively, if you can get into your modem's router setup, you might be able to have that set up port forwarding.

Madwand said:
Reading your note further.. it looks like you're getting to the modem not the router, which implies that your modem is running as a router. You might want to convert that to "bridge" mode so that it's transparent, and your router gets the dyndns link.

Alternatively, if you can get into your modem's router setup, you might be able to have that set up port forwarding.

After I read your post. I kinda did that, in place of bridge mode I changed it to PPPOE on the router which allowed me to change my routers IP back to 192.168.0.1 and behold http://sundrop.is-a-geek.com/wordpress/

sweet, you're from joplin
i went to seneca middle school about 13 yrs ago
i still got family there in that area...my dad lives between joplin and neosho

Back