• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird little quirk...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

I don't need a fix for this or anything jsut thought it was a little oddity I thought I'd share.

I was at a friends house the other day & he's got this pc & has the 2 NIC's on it. one of which wasn't disabled has he uses a wireless card in it & doesn't need the NIC's. Anyhow I figured I'd jsut go & disable it & to my amazement the PC reboot itself, I thought was jsut a 1 time glich.

Turned out it isn't...every time you go to disable the other NIC on the board soon as you click on disable it the system reboots & comes back fine with the NIC still enabled.lol

I'd never seen anything quite like this & thought was funny...friend isn't sure either & doesn't care it works fine other then that.

That's strange. I've got 3 NICs on my server, and I don't get that problem when I disable any of them.

Does it give any indication (message, etc) that the computer is planning to reboot or does it just shut down?

reclaimer122 said:
Heh, is it just like an instant crash? As in, right when you click there's a black screen and it starts booting?

soon as you click on the disable option it goes to a straight shutdown no msg's notta...

Back