• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Local Fry's has Q6600 and free board for $848

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidnjina

Registered
Hey,

I am looking to build a kick *** (for the money) machine and I just saw an advertisement from local Fry's.

Intel Quad Core Q6600 processor and one of the following motherboard for $848.

EVGA nForce 680i SLi
ABIT AW9D-Max
ASUS P5B Deluxe

Is this a good deal?

Can you also suggest some 2GB of DDR2 memory I should buy for overclocking with water cooler?

Thanks.

Wow. Amazing how much processor prices can change in a year.

That proc is 1/3 that price now.

Considering the CPU alone goes for more than that on Newegg, yes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115017

That's a really good deal, I'd jump on it

$848 for a Q6600= $279 and a $200 mobo at best.That figure cant be right.Id say $484 but noway $848 WTF are you guys talking about thats a freaking horrible deal or you miss quoted the price i hope

Edited..OOPs my bad i just noticed the Date on this thread...lmao

Last edited:
Since this thread got bumped keep in mind it is old and this chip WAS $800+ back then and now it is uder $300. So this WAS a really good deal.

people make me laugh. How do threads like this get brought back up? Does someone go and search for them? But it is sobering to think of how fast prices change.

$848 for a Q6600= $279 and a $200 mobo at best.That figure cant be right.Id say $484 but noway $848 WTF are you guys talking about thats a freaking horrible deal or you miss quoted the price i hope

Edited..OOPs my bad i just noticed the Date on this thread...lmao

Lol:p

hehe.....I was SOOOO confused when I read the OP and then went through 3 follow up posts that agreed that it was a good deal :D I was thinking, wait isn't the CPU like $260? And then I kept re-reading the processor name thinking maybe I was missing an X in there or something.

Then I finally got down to the new posts and took a look at the dates :)

Same here, lol. I done a double-take and was like wtf? I thought my eyes were just seeing 8 instead of 3. Now you people bump it again for others to fall in the trap.

lol wow I was confused for a second lol! This thread makes me realize why I hate buying computer parts. I bought the Q6600 for $169 at frys combo deal after I sold my ECS board for $30!

seeing as this is an old thread--

I have a pentium II 333 in my basement. I'd like to sell it for $500-- WITH a 440LX mobo and a soundblaster PCI 128

This is a fantastic deal considering I'm posting this in like 1997

Hey,

I am looking to build a kick *** (for the money) machine and I just saw an advertisement from local Fry's.

Intel Quad Core Q6600 processor and one of the following motherboard for $848.

EVGA nForce 680i SLi
ABIT AW9D-Max
ASUS P5B Deluxe

Is this a good deal?

Can you also suggest some 2GB of DDR2 memory I should buy for overclocking with water cooler?

Thanks.

Did you typo the CPU number??? A Q6600 is 275.00 or less.

Viper

Back