• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spare system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacquel

Registered
Hey guys, I have got a spare system to play with.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Socket A
1 Gig DDR PC2700 OCZ PC2700
A-bit Kv7-7 Mobo
Asus 6800 TD w/512DDR2
80Gig IDE HD

Was thinking about modding the case and doing some over clocking on the CPU and the 6800. Any suggestions?

I'll post some pics of my process.

What kind of case I should make, I was thinking of turning my old kawasaki ninja gas tank into a case for it.

It sounds like you already have a great gaming system.. I'd just stick a passive card and a bigger HDD into it, and sell off the 6800 to cover the expenses.

That way you'd have a nice little fileserver/torrentbox. You could also leave the 6800 in it but get the HDD and grab a hauppage card too to serve as a really nice HTPC. You could replace the fans with quieter ones and grab a quiet videocard cooler for that as well. Or you could combine both ideas. That's what I'd do with it anyways.

Case modding is fun. Don't start with expensive ones. Cut out the fan grills, add a blow hole... maybe add a window to the side panel. There are lots of fun things to do. It's not hard but there are lots of little tricks. Google case modding (and look at the modding section here too!!).

Back