• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why my oc doesnt work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow2k1

Hello guys!

Well, I got an Asus A7V-E with an TB 1.2 Ghz. Well, it runs at the voltage of 1.758, and the L7 bridge has a big waranty sticker over it and I cant take it out. Ive linked the L1 bridges to allow raising the multiplyer.

Well, I raise the multiplyer to 12.5 and then it runs perfectly stable at 1300mhz, but, when I run Prime 95, it doesnt stand more than 10 minutes!

What should I do to make it perfectly stable?

Thanks for any reply! :)

It sounds like it could be a coupe of things.

First is the issue of temperatures. When running a CPU intensive program such as Prime 95 will bring the temperatures up quickly. Make sure that you have adequate cooling, check into the cooling section of this site and see what others with like systems are using. Heat is the worst enemy of the "black art" of overclocking.

Second, have you increased the Vcore? You can usually go to the boards maxium of 1.85V with no problems provided that you have the temperatures under control. Make sure that you have the temperatures under control, especially with the elevated voltages.

Third, you may have reached the limit of your CPU. Check the CPU database on the front page of this site to see what others have gotten out of similar CPUs.

Good Luck!

Hello Frank, 1st of all, thanks for the reply! :)

First is the issue of temperatures. When running a CPU intensive program such as Prime 95 will bring the temperatures up quickly. Make sure that you have adequate cooling, check into the cooling section of this site and see what others with like systems are using. Heat is the worst enemy of the "black art" of overclocking.

Temperature I guess its not a problem for me, yet. Its a shame, but I use a crappy CoolerMaster cooler, but it keeps my CPU at a nice temperature, around 55 idle and maximum 65 at full load. With the overclock, the temperature doesnt seem to change! it keeps the same. So i guess, 65 degrees isnt too high, is it?

Second, have you increased the Vcore? You can usually go to the boards maxium of 1.85V with no problems provided that you have the temperatures under control. Make sure that you have the temperatures under control, especially with the elevated voltages.

Most of the people telll me this, but, Ive searched my hole Bios, option by option and I coudnt find this section on the bios that I can raise the voltage! I can check the voltage at the hardware monitor but theres no way I can raise it!! Does all motherboards allow raising the VCore?? If yeah, could someone tell me EXACTLY where this option is located?

Third, you may have reached the limit of your CPU. Check the CPU database on the front page of this site to see what others have gotten out of similar CPUs.

Im gonna check it, but, 100 mhz, it is just a little, it cannot be possible that I cant raise 100mhz on my cpu and i maintain it stable!

Thanks again!

LinkStatic said:
65oC is way too high... I hope that there is some error that is making the reading that high... most people I know considers 50oC as the Max safe temp for an OC.

He's got an ASUS motherboard, and as is common knowledge, the ASUS Probe reports temperatures as much as 10C higher than actual. At the moment, I have a server built on an ASUS A7V133, the temperature as reported by the ASUS Probe is 65C. I have a Global Win WBK 38 lapped and polished on it in a server case with plenty of air flow into and through the case. I know from my experience that this temperature, as reported by the ASUS Probe is not a problem. However, my other systems that are built on other manufacturers motherboards, EPOX, FIC etc., report the temperatures much lower with similar setups.

In my experience, the system will begin to show the generally accepted symptoms of overheating such as unexplained errors and crashes before any damage to the CPU, provided that you do have adequate cooling. I think that it's more important to watch for any unexplained increase in the CPU temperature than to fret too much over the inaccurate temperatures as reported by the ASUS Probe. Most would agree that this problem is due to the placement of the thermistor beneath the CPU.

I've used MBM 5 to monitor the temperatures as well and have found it to be no more accurate than the onboard program supplied with the ASUS boards.

My .02

Good Luck!

so guys, about the temperature, I guess if something is going to fry my processor, it wont be the temperature!
But I guess if I raise the Voltage my problems will be gone!

Its a shame to ask that, but, can someone tell me step by step how to raise the voltage? I rly wanted to do that!

Any help is apreciated!

And sorry for such dumb questions!

If its not in the bios its probably a jumper or dip switch on the board. i couldnt tell you where, iv never used an asus board, but im sure someone could tell you.

I have ThunderBird 1200 AXIA (multyplier unlock) and ASUS A7V-e, it runs 1465Mhz with with L contacts untouched. I think i can go even faster with voltage mod. I run it 12.5x117Mhz right now and temperature of 51C. Did any one get more with this motherboard and processor???

I think this board will easily make a 200 fsb with no problems, all you have to do is rip off that crapy northbridge cooler and put summat better on. I have the same problem with my temps being way to high, although it seems to vary a lot from bios verisons.

Back