• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu compatibility problem with A7V266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tech2487

here is the cpu http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Athlon XP 2200+ - AXDA2200DUV3C.html

i cant seem to get the voltage lower than 1.7

the cpu works, but as soon as i set the clock to 133 and the multiplier to 13.5, it does not boot.

everything is in jumper free mode. if i did jumper mode, the highest mulitplier is only 10.5

any idea on how to get the voltage lower. i think that might be the problem. i was searching the other threads and see that other people have had the same problem, but they had a different revision of the board. couldn't find anyone who got the voltage lower than 1.7. what is the default position for the vcore jumpers? right now it looks like this:
_ .
_ .
. . .
. . .

which is the lowest vcore setting according to the book.

any thoughts?

yeah, it had the most reacent one. i just put the beta one on too. anyway....

i set the cpu jumper to Palomino and now it works fine even though it is definatly not a Palomino chip. I'm still concerned about the voltage. it don't seem to be too hot tho.

Back