Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Seti Team
Seti Team Search the stars with Overclockers SETI Team! Is ET really out there? How do worm holes and black holes work? We can find out with your help.
Forum Jump

SETISpy crash on WinXP???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-03-01, 12:35 AM Thread Starter   #1
LandShark
Super Shark Moderator

10 Year Badge

Question SETISpy crash on WinXP???

just fresh install WinXP Pro on my new XP machine. whenever i started SETISpy, it crashed??? however, SETIDriver is still running, and running fine tho. i've heard SETISpy isn't completely compable w/ WinXP, is it ture? if so, what other alternative GUI monitor i could use to track my progress?? i love SETISpy, and i've used it on all of my machine. so, if possible, i would really like to keep using it.

any idea????

Got SOLD? MOVE your own thread!

Folding User Stats
How many GHz of Intel + Nvidia folding power? Dunno! Lost count!

| F@H Vista Sidebar gadget | F@H Yahoo Widget | F@H iGoogle gadget |

| My Heatware | My New HTPC 3.0: Server/Client setup + Better energy efficiency |
LandShark is offline Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-03-01, 02:31 AM   #2
zangler

i have the same problem, but what i do is close seti driver, and try to re-launch the program. it ALWAYS works...without crashing by the third re-launch. sorry i dont have a true fix, but it will work, if you just keep trying to re-launch it. hope this helps.

HSF: Cogage TRUE
GPU: Radeon 5850 eyfinity 3 22" samsungs
PSU: Corsair hx 850w
Case: HAF 932
Storage: 4xWD640gb blacks in a 0 and 10
zangler is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-03-01, 07:22 AM   #3
killem1x1

I had the same problem on other Os's as well, but more since XP. I do the same thing, just close 'em both, and restart until it works. Sometimes it does take a few tries tho
killem1x1 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-03-01, 09:50 AM   #4
Mictlan
Senior OC BOINC User

10 Year Badge

From the SETISpy homepage:
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information on how to improve SETI Spy's stability under Windows XP. Unfortunately, I have to come to the conclusion that SETI Spy is not completely compatible with Windows XP. Setting the compatibility option to Windows 2000 and disabling visual themes may help, but you will probably still experience crashes, especially if you have SETI Spy start up automatically. Due to other commitments and interests I will unfortunately not be able to fix this problem. Please consider SETI Spy 3.0.7 the last release. The SETI Spy source code is available as described in FAQ 4.1. My apologies to the very loyal SETI Spy user base out there. I had a lot of fun developing and supporting SETI Spy, but after 27 months it is time to move on to other things.

If some one knows Delphi, they could try to correct the compatibility issues.

Join the ONLY team to crunch for!!!!!
Now backed up by the Danish Jedi Alliance
"We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them."
Mictlan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-03-01, 10:42 AM   #5
CyboRob

Mine would do this too. Close and restart would always work. It doesn't happen anymore though and I don't know why or what fixed it, but I am happy about it.

Rob
CyboRob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-03-01, 12:01 PM   #6
13oots2

Used to happen in Win2k, it would take about 5-10 re-starts to get it working. It seemed to clear up after installing DirectX 8.1, strange but true

XFI Extreme Music
WD Raptor 36Gb,Maxtor 120Gb,Maxtor 320Gb All Sata
Lian LI V2000, Enermax Galaxy 850W
13oots2 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-04-01, 11:13 AM Thread Starter   #7
LandShark
Super Shark Moderator

10 Year Badge

yeah, sometimes, it just run ok w/ crashing. and i already deleted it from the startup folder too.

well, i guess we all have to settle w/ it for now until someone could modify the lastest version to make it more compatible w/ XP. (anyone???....)

Got SOLD? MOVE your own thread!

Folding User Stats
How many GHz of Intel + Nvidia folding power? Dunno! Lost count!

| F@H Vista Sidebar gadget | F@H Yahoo Widget | F@H iGoogle gadget |

| My Heatware | My New HTPC 3.0: Server/Client setup + Better energy efficiency |
LandShark is offline Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Seti Team
Seti Team Search the stars with Overclockers SETI Team! Is ET really out there? How do worm holes and black holes work? We can find out with your help.