• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help installing windows server and windows xp home edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shizzle

Registered
i have been trying to install windows server on a computer thats already running windows xp home edition but when ever i try to do it one OS doesnt work can any1 help me please

Thanks in advance

Are you trying to dual boot it or to remove the home installation and do a fresh install of server?

You need to give us more info.

If you are trying to dual boot are you running them on separate drives or partitions or all on the same partition, etc...

i am trying to get both of them running on the same computer but on different partition

Isn't there a quark with XP Home and Server on the same drive? I am not sure what but I swear I heard something to those lines.

Which OS have you been installing first?

anothermbdusted said:
are you able to install both or only one or the other? i just had a problem like this but it was on differnt drives and couldnt get it to work i have xp pro and xp MCE running and it needed a string in the area of my computer properties..

heres the link to mine hope this helps out in someway: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=495529
once when installed windows server first and then install windows home edition ,
home edition worked that time but when i tried to boot the partition with the server on it it just gives me the booting screen and didnt do anything after

did you look at post number 2 and see if it shows up there? if not you will have to add it just like i had to do so and also in your bios you have a area at least mine does to set the amount of time for the boot order..

Back