• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair stability help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrCrowley

crapp-1.jpg

I wish I could make the picture a bit bigger but I have yet found out how to :rolleyes: EDIT* (Got it a bit bigger)

Ok for the people who cannot read it:

Speed : 2.6
Mult. : 10x
Bus speed: 260
HT link: 779.7

Memory

DDR2 800 (set at 667 in bios :rolleyes: )

Freq. : 433.4
FSB: CPU/6

4-4-4-12 timing.

I believe the volt. is 2.1 for RAM.

Now the reason why its set under 667 is becase it will never boot under 800.. I dont know why but since I'm so noob I didnt want to push this too far without the right RAM timings. Everytime I try to change any settings it will not boot, under 667 or 800.. 4-4-4-12 seems to be the only timing it will boot in for the time being.

I dont know ANYTHING about RAM. It's the one and only thing I still have no understanding at all on. What advice can you give to change or to experiment? I was going to test the max's for the ram but I didnt know where to begin..

Thanks for the help

MrCrowley

Last edited:
Everytime I try ANY timings under 800 it will not boot, I seem to hear bios beeps, 1 long 3 short but it's very faint. I can't get into bios if I change anything so I have to shut it down, wait a few seconds then try to boot up again to get into bios. Even if I try to change any timings in 667 it still will not boot, only 4-4-4-12

Even sometimes when I try different timings or change the cpu freq, anything of that sort I get a windows error, something about windows kernal blah blah.. I have no clue. But this only happens if I can get threw bios and just before it hits the windows screen it'll show up that error.

I had to reset the bios before and redo all the settings. I didnt touch anything other than I usual do. I never touch the RAM settings since I have no clue what they do..

I just took a second look at your screen shots there and you are running DDR2-800. Actually, better than that, you are doing DDR2-866.

There we go, that's better now. What sort of mhz are you looking to get out of the memory? Perhaps you could even drop those timings down in some areas.

I was looking more torwards stability than anything. I was having real problems getting it to boot under ddr800 so I had to go down to ddr667 whihc didnt hve any problems booting in 4-4-4-12 timing. Right now its under ddr800 so I'm happy it even booted, which values would you turn down just to drop it a bit?

Well you are already at 520mhz which is DDR2-1040 so I'm not sure how much lower the timings will actually go. It's something that you would have to play around with and figure out.

MrCrowley said:
I was looking more torwards stability than anything. I was having real problems getting it to boot under ddr800 so I had to go down to ddr667 whihc didnt hve any problems booting in 4-4-4-12 timing. Right now its under ddr800 so I'm happy it even booted, which values would you turn down just to drop it a bit?
set cpu freq. down to 202, ram setting to 800 @ 4-4-4-12, stock vdimm,
ht multi to x3. cpu multi x11, vcore1.35-.40, jumperfree to manual. boot!
post back after you try this.:)
Edit; What speed did your Corsair say they are 800 ready-- 5-5-5-15 or 4-4-4-12 ? (cas5 or cas4)
I hope you're not OC'ing with Asus tools in Windows, please use bios only as these tools introduce
crashes and freezes even at default settings. It's a good idea to set a restore point each day if
you're still having crashes & freezes or failed reboots.

Last edited:
MrCrowley said:
I use bios and I believe it's 5-5-5-15. I'll try waht you said stelby later on today
Are these the correct modules?
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18581
You might want to consider clearing cmos, as you've had a lot of crashes
and different timing attempts. BTW what bios # do you have?
If it's before 0609, flash asap, the earlier bios' were crap. Reboot
problems, random crashes, freezes, fluctuating readings on vcore,
unstable freq. readouts, etc. When you're close to max on cpu,
old bios' would bounce freq. 1-5Mhz making stable OC very
difficult.

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one's I got.

The next time it crashes I'll clear the cmos but I do have the semi new version (0702) but didn't flash to the newer one yet.

Back