• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wide screen monitor issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

my buddy of mine bought an $1100 computer and he got an 17 inch wide screen and he has dial up but he went to use the AOL trial thing for 3 months till he buys Cable sevice. when he goes on a website not all the colors apper for an example he went on a website that has a black background and turned out to be white on his monitor. what im trying to say is not all the colors come out. Is there a setting on the monitor or is AOL doing this to his PC?

WeezleXX89 said:
my buddy of mine bought an $1100 computer and he got an 17 inch wide screen and he has dial up but he went to use the AOL trial thing for 3 months till he buys Cable sevice. when he goes on a website not all the colors apper for an example he went on a website that has a black background and turned out to be white on his monitor. what im trying to say is not all the colors come out. Is there a setting on the monitor or is AOL doing this to his PC?

Weez,

He may not be set to Internet default view of fonts and colors:

In IE7 > tools > Internet options > accessibility

Check what boxes are checked.

sounds like AOLs topspeed crap...compresses and cuts images to make your browsing faster on dialup, should be a setting in AOhelL to turn off the 'turbo' features or something of the like

thats exactly what i thought too. AOL sucks pure and simple if any of you are AOL lovers, sorry i offended you guys. it just didn't work for me.

Back