• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 680i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squashfx

i recently bought this motherboard along with everything in my sig.. the cooler i bought does not fit.. so i am curious to know everyone who has this motherboard what your using for cooling and how well does it do?

thanx

I'm using the Zalman 9500. It's running at 30c right now and I haven't seen it above 40c under load. I had to modify the back plate some but it wasn't a big deal.

Zalman CPU coolers are not top performers..

I would suggest the TR SI-128 for this mobo.

tuniq tower here. currently working on my oc but atm im at 3.3 with 1.4v max orthos temp of 57c

*edit* backplate Did require modification as well. took me two days to figure out what was causing my random - - post code and sudden shut downs. The backplate was shorting out that one little smd.
IMG_0389.jpg

Last edited:
squashfx said:
i recently bought this motherboard along with everything in my sig.. the cooler i bought does not fit.. so i am curious to know everyone who has this motherboard what your using for cooling and how well does it do?

thanx

I have the Thermaltake SI-128 and a 120mm fan pushing about 35-40cfm.
Easy to mount.
Orthos load temperature reaches 60C with E6600 @3600MHz 1.450v.

I am using the evga 680i with the Zalman 9500AT. System specs are in my signature. With the Zalman my system idles at about 48c - 51c and at 100% load using Intel's TAT the CPU runs about 61c - 62c. I've ordered a new CPU cooler that is supposed to be in this afternoon...the Vigor Gaming Monsoon II in hope that the CPU will run cooler. I'll update this weekend.

I use the Tuniq with stock fan. The thing is a beast in size, but I am extremely impressed with this cooler. I had to modify the backplate (same problem as Scar), but run my E6660 at 3.6 GHz at about 60c load with Intel TAT.

A 120mm fan pushing 35-40cfm? That sounds like a pretty cheap fan. I got a panaflo that pushes 80cfm....under load I MIGHT get 45C with the SI-128

cw823 said:
A 120mm fan pushing 35-40cfm? That sounds like a pretty cheap fan. I got a panaflo that pushes 80cfm....under load I MIGHT get 45C with the SI-128

I have the fan on a reostat and chose a speed that cools well and is quiet.

Farwalker said:
I have the fan on a reostat and chose a speed that cools well and is quiet.

ok, ok....makes sense. I saw a review of a TR fan on newegg that the guy said it goes over 65C at load.....thinks he may need a fan for the heatsink! Sheesh

cw823 said:
ok, ok....makes sense. I saw a review of a TR fan on newegg that the guy said it goes over 65C at load.....thinks he may need a fan for the heatsink! Sheesh

LOL..I guess he does..:)

Ive ordered my tuniq and I hear you can get 1/2" rubber washers to space the backplate. I dont remember where but Im sure I read it. Id rather not dremel If I dont have to, can any of you guys confirm this ? Does that size sound correct I havent actually seen its true to life size yet?

Edit: Ive also hear the stock fan is 50-60 CFM , so I ordered a 90 cfm red Led fan to put in it, Im hopeing it looks like its on fire, not sure if thats good or not :p

Back