• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarlD

hey guys...haven't posted in a while, anyway...i'm looking for mobo for a new comp i'm building for a friend of mine and wanted your guys opinion. the comp i'll looking at putting together is athlon 64x2 (from 4200-4800) not sure on the vc yet but he wants to play Halo 2, Crysis(sp) and is getting a copy of Vista...most of the other parts i'm pretty sure about getting, but the mobo is what i'm hung up on...thanks in advance for your 2 cents

The Asus A8N32 Sli Deluxe is a favorite. I luv mine. Has great ocing options, plenty of ram timmings, great vcore & vdimm voltages. Has heatpipe cooling for the fets and chipset. Onboard sound is really nice, onboard NIC works great. Not 1 single problem ever with mine :)

Lots of members here will swear by the DFI, but i've had 2 different DFI boards ( Ultra-d & Expert) and they both were headaches. They're headaches to begin with setting up and fine tuning, but then the headaches continue evrytime you're trying to tweak it. I got fed-up with it and swapped over to the Asus. Don't get me wrong the DFI is a fine board, if you want to spend most of your time tweaking instead of actually enjoying it.

A8N32 Sli Deluxe

DFI SLI-D

thanks for the input

anyone got any suggestions for am2 boards?

Back