• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP Please DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D won't even post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tarheal

Registered
I installed my new AMD 3700+ chip in my DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D, plugged in ALL power connectors to my Antec 400W PSU, installed matching DDR in all banks, plugged in my Nvidia 7600GS, powered up, all led's lit, then the diagnostic lites lit up, 4, 3, 2, no video, second led remains lit and it just sits there, no beeps, nothing. I am not sure what just 2 led's remaining lit mean, I have searched high and low. I am hoping one of you very very knowledgeable people can help me out here.

Chris:bang head

yes I have a very similar problem except I get loud bios beeps... won't even boot into post, my thread is also just below this

I think I have found a solution, at least it worked for me :), while frantically trying to find a solution for my PC's problems (three lighted diagnostic LEDs with many beeps, without even booting into POST) I left the main power cord out of my PC while searching for a solution until eventually I came acoss a thread in another site that when this certain problem occurs on the DFI lanparty nF4 Ultra-D mobo just leave the PC on for around 20 minutes and then it will eventually boot up. When I returned to my computer to try this method out I plugged in my main power cord and switched it on, watched the LEDs and suprisingly they ticked away and the PC booted succesfully, without any beeps.

Try these out for yourself and I hope it works, I feel your pain

I will try that method, thanks for the heads up. I wish they were more forthcoming on the meaning of the diag lights somewhere. OH dfi-street, where are you when we need you.

Actually there is alot of info on the new dfi sponsored board till diy street is up and running completely. As far as the led's go the first one goes out after the mobo detects the cpu. The second one after the ram is detected. The third after the video card. And the last one when the board is up and into bios. This is from memory so I might be off alittle but I'm pretty sure thats the order. So if it's not turing off the second led then its having problems with the memory, they are picky with a cold boot and the default options for the ram on the bios.

Here's a link to the new site. http://global.dficlub.com/
check the general board setup/build guides here.

And the street is back up,(just checked) at http://www.diy-street.com/forum/

I've just got my lanparty ultra-d up and running without too many problems thanks to this forum.. and a little help from dficlub.

I found that site today and I must say it is quite informative. They are telling me that I need to do a CMOS reset and wait for a bit. I am going to try that and hope it works.

Yeah what he said.... Espically about making sure all four power supply connections to the motherboard are made. I did a LONG cmos clear, about 36 hrs before I installed anything in the board. But I think the 24 hr long reset that the site recommends would suffice. Good luck with it...

you dont need a 24 hour clear, just put the jumper in the reset position, pop the battery out, leave it for a couple minutes, put the battery back and put the jumper back, make sure your PSU is completely off and unplugged before hand.

your problem is the PS.

check the PSU requirements for the DFI board, i can flat out tell you the 400w Antec you are using is the culprit.

DFI recommends at least 480w minimum, and 30AMPS or more total for the 12v lines.

laterz,\

baldy

Back