• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hheellpp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you sure that it's folding that made it do that? What size of power supply do you have? What other components do you have?

The only thing I can think of, is when your cpu was at full load, it started pulling more than the psu could provide....

strange...

yea everything was running fine til I downloaded F@H. The the 12v went up to 13+V. So I switched the P.S.U. and now it`s running at 12.07V and staying that way.

Its hard to say why you might have seen the increases to 13.5 volts I would tend to think the power supply was working near its limit in terms of total watts of output on one of its channels and this caused the regulation of the 12 volts line to shoot up. switching supplies do some strange things when you really push them hard to there limits. Well cheaper ones tend to anyway.

Back