Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
Forum Jump

Boot disk failure... crap

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 08:08 PM Thread Starter   #1
IAmMoen

Boot disk failure... crap

I am having major problems with my new setup. I think i am having a lot of ram problems first off so finally i got my system to be stable. On to the next thing. Windows XP 64 bit install. I get past the blue screen stuff and it reboots and then i get a boot disk failure please insert system disk. What the heck. This drive is brand new from hitachi (still might be bad but i will rule that out soon) and the install disk should be good. Could this be a software or driver thing at all? Any ideaS?

Old 01-25-07, 08:59 PM   #2
thideras
Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
Premium Member #3
First Responders

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmMoen
I am having major problems with my new setup. I think i am having a lot of ram problems first off so finally i got my system to be stable. On to the next thing. Windows XP 64 bit install. I get past the blue screen stuff and it reboots and then i get a boot disk failure please insert system disk. What the heck. This drive is brand new from hitachi (still might be bad but i will rule that out soon) and the install disk should be good. Could this be a software or driver thing at all? Any ideaS?
If you get that window, it means it can't detect a bootable partition on the computer. If you know your install is good and you know that your connections are all secure, boot from your Windows CD. After it finishes loading all the drivers, go into "Repair mode" by pressing "r" when it is an option at the bottom of the screen. It might ask you to select which install you want, choose the one that says "c:". When you get to the command prompt, type "bootfix" without the " ". Restart and your bootsector should be fixed!

Thideras

8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
Router: Coming soon
"That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
"Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current project: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!
thideras is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications