• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1950XT ATITool problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nabis

I installed an X1950XT recently, and am having problems using ATITool with it.
First, it warns me that it is running in 2D, not 3D Mode - and I should switch this in ATI Service..... what is ATI Service, and what does this mean?
It shows the default setting to be 500 Core, and 600 Mem - Although, the default option is 600/900. I'm not too certain how GDDR3 works, but I've heard of some getting over 1000 Mem, and even 700 would be near impossible for me.
The biggest problem is with the Find Max Core/Mem - Either one of these options almost instantly freezes the machine, and resets the graphics settings to default, not allowing me any OC. I can manually change the slider, and it seems to be working, but is tedious, and not allowing me much of an increase.
Anybody have any insight on these issues?

I'm just certain that I cannot get this into 3D mode with only ATITool running. It works perfectly (620/900) when running a game like FEAR. This is corroborated with ATI Catalyst Overdrive.
Does anybody know how to get this into 3D mode with nothing else running other than ATITool?

Sure, if you disable the the ATI services (there's tons of info on this board about that;)) you will only have one mode on the card, ie it removes the 2D/3D clock switching capability. After that you have a card that act's just like an X850. The part people freak out on is the clocks, when you do this you will see (still) the 2D clocks so you will need to apply the 3D voltages and then set the 3D clocks you want.

i actually prefer ati tray tools, leave overdrive on, and just up the overdrive thru tray tools
730/2016 is where i currently sit in 3d mode
500/600 is standard 2d mode

One of the choices in the top box is x1000 overclocking, the second box should be checked. "If card has 2d/3d clocks,switch to 3d clocks when starting ATItool".

Back