• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics and TV card Combined?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sparky2k

Registered
Hi,

I would like to do some upgrading here and get a new graphics (256 Mb) card for this computer and also a TV card with Tuner. Freeview would be desirable but not a necessity.

I would be using the computer for TV/Video, picture editing, nothing to heavy and also the occaisional games.

Then I got to thinking if it would be possibile to get these combined on 1 card? or would I need to get separate items.

I will also buy a DVD Writer, Multi Format with DVD Ram.
I would appreciate any recommendations on any/all of the above.
I am in the UK and my budget would run to about £150 ($300) for the card(s)
Thanks in advance.
sparky2k

Current specs as follows:

ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard with built in WiFi (802.11b) and Intel 865PE Chipset
800Mhz FSB, DUAL DDR 400 Memory
2.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4
1 Gb Ram
DVD Rom, CD RW
Current card : NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128 Mb

You can get an all-in-wonder type card like an x800xt AIW. Will have a built-in tv tuner along with standard videocard features.

One of the hauppage PVR cards would be a good choice as well.
VV

Last edited:
well the problem is that NVIDIA doesn't do cards like that anymore and ATI stopped with the x1900 AIWs. So the best you can do is the AIW x1900. My suggestion would be find an ATI Theatre55pro card, because the AIW Tv Tuner tends to be junk. And then put the rest to a new video card.

Back