• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7600GS or 7600GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eureb

Registered
I currently have a chaintech 6600, and I want to upgrade to something a little better. From things I've read, the 7600 seems to be a good card, and is within my price range (below $100 on eBay). Which is better though.. the GS with the more memory, or the GT with the faster speed? I was kind of leaning towards the GT, but I wanted to see ya'lls opinions... Thanks!

EDIT: Or, if you have a dislike for the 7600, is there a better card that's still sub $100 (though I prefer nVidia, and it has to be a PCIe slot)

What will you be using it for? hard core gaming, web, or ?? Also do your homework and check prices on newegg or pricewatch to make sure you're getting a deal if its used. Sometimes you get a deal (dfi lanparty nf4 ultra-d for $21.50) and sometimes you can get shafted (dfi lanparty nf3 skt 754 that was suppost to be a nf4 socket 939).

I don't really see a point in buying a DX10 card when I'm not even going to upgrade to Vista till I have to... plus, there's no way the cards are going to be that cheap...

I use it for moderate gaming, and everyday stuff. there's a BFG 7600GT on newegg.com going for $89.99 after a $50 rebate.. might get that but not sure yet..

I have the XFX 7600GS... great card, but I would not call it a gamers card, I would go with the GT at a minimum.

I have a bfg 7600gt and it currently plays all the current games out on either medium/high settings on a lower resolution. Prey and Fear XP is more than tolerable on my setup. It does 600/800 on the air stock cooling too so once I have it on water it should be much better.

Back