• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laser Printers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G-PHoRCe

I'm looking for a DN (duplex and network) laser printer that can print at least 20ppm. My budget is around $1000 and i already tried the HP 2605dtn but it was slow and costly to operate.

I am now looking at the Ricoh SP C410DN and the SP C411DN. Did anyone tried those out? I can't find too much infos on those printers.

If anyone has experience with any other laser DN printer(s) please share it. Also anyone that can recommend any other printer(s) for any brand that has a low operating cost or has toners that can be safely refilled and reset to full with an acceptable printing quality, please share your comment.

Thanks.

HP again? Maybe?

I had to return the 2605dtn printer twice to office max as both unit i had had troubles with the drum. hopefully i had the extended warranty so they gave me a new one. Once i got a new one, the printer took a more time between pages (like 20-30 seconds to load). So if i wanted to print a 10 pages booklet which is 5 sheets in duplex, it would take me 5 minutes. The printer would print the first page, idle a while, print the secont idle a while etc...:eek:

It might be my bad luck but when i want to print 50 sheets books, 30 minutes doesn't do it for the price of those printers. I know i should've tried to contact HP but i get frustrated quickly when i purchased something expensive and it doesn't work the way it wass advertised to do.:mad:

I might give it another shot if there's no alternative.

edit: the epson does sound good, i will see if a local retailer has it in stock thank MAD.

Last edited:
Like you say it might be a run of bad luck, all the companies I've every worked for have used HP's mostly old 4L's, and as for toner's in the uk most companies that supply the catridges offer a small rebate if you return the spent one's for recycling, the last refillable colour one I saw was a few years ago, and it was a HP A3 laser. Good luck.

Back