• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900 GTO vs 2 x 7600 GT in SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
Would 2 x GeForce 7600 GT in SLI outperform a single 7900 GTO. The EVGA GeForce 7600 GT is going for $99 at Tigerdirect with MIR?

I have 2X 7600GS which performas as good as a stock 7900GS at stock speeds, but honestly, I would much rather have a single 7900GS after dealing with SLI. Multiple cards also do not OC well.

single 7900gto or wait for the midrange dx10 nvidia cards and then pick up one of those.

Brolloks said:
Would 2 x GeForce 7600 GT in SLI outperform a single 7900 GTO. The EVGA GeForce 7600 GT is going for $99 at Tigerdirect with MIR?

HERE is a link to tom's hardward interactive VGA charts. i see that you have your GTO clocked past GTX specs... so i just put in the 7900 gtx for your card. you can play around here a little depending on which game you play or for benchmarking use. :) the GTO would beat the 7600's in SLi. altho i will say i was impressed with the scores that the 76gt's posted. for 99bucks a pop thats some good bang for the buck... :)

Back