• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800gto worth the money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de_yogurt

i have found the x800gto for 119.99 in your guys' (gals too) opinions is it worth the money??? also, what would this card be compared to an offering of nvidia. thanks in advance.

-Have a good one!

Yogurt

they are a very nice card i had one untill 2 weeks ago and i benched neck and neck with a 7600gt . only prob is that it doesnt haev sm3.0 so some new games just wont play because of that. Sad to say i wouldnt buy that card right now if you plan on using it for newer games .

what is sm3.0??? i keep hearing a lot about this and just dont know. in a video card companies specs they have of the card, would it be sm3.0, or is it known as something else??? thanks

-Have a good one!

Yogurt

ok, all of the x1000 series support the sm3.0. would something like a x1650 suit my needs a little better??? i play a lot of counter strike, call of duty, medal of honor, WoW but would like to be able to try some of the newer games like FEAR, Doom 3 (even though its been out for a while) and some other games like that. what would u recommend??? id like to spend less than 200 and it has to be agp.
thanks for the help

-Have a good one!

Yogurt

de_yogurt said:
ok, all of the x1000 series support the sm3.0. would something like a x1650 suit my needs a little better??? i play a lot of counter strike, call of duty, medal of honor, WoW but would like to be able to try some of the newer games like FEAR, Doom 3 (even though its been out for a while) and some other games like that. what would u recommend??? id like to spend less than 200 and it has to be agp.
thanks for the help

-Have a good one!

Yogurt
yea the x1650 might be a better idea. the x800 is prb just as fast but the 1650 will have sm3
btw i played all those games you listed fine with my x800pro

||Console|| said:
they make a x1900gt in agp ? if so please link it

My bad. I tend to forget about AGP. There isn't one for AGP AFAIK.

I just helped one of my cousins upgrade his old 2.8 P4 with a FX5200. We went with a open box x1650pro for ~$120. Amazing difference, before BF2 was barely playable, now he plays with most setting on high. So that might be a good choice for you.

de_yogurt said:
thanks for the help

-Have a good one!

Yogurt

I have played FEAR DOOM 3 and COD MOH all with an XP 2500 and a RADEON 9700. I have also played them on my X800 GTO.

Back