• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good dialup ISPs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amazon10x

I'm working on a computer for a friend and they still use AOL. I need to recommend a good dial up ISP (they can't get broadband for various reasons) which they can replace AOL with. Any suggestions?

im not sure but you can use net zero but its not good tho. Dialups not really good with movies or bandwidth. AOL is gonna be hard to get rid of on the computer im not joking i had to wipe my parents PC because i keeps popping up/

id suggest trying to go through the phone company they use. if not try and look for anything in the area that is cheap... dial up ...is dial up in my book ..

what city is it ??

I did some research into PeoplePC and NetZero/Juno. A lot of recent reviews suggest the companies are not as good as they once were. I ended up deciding on RCN (formerly Starpower, which was formerly Erols). I used Erols/Starpower before I got cable and I never got busy signals, never dropped a connection, and always connected at max speed. It is a month-to-month plan so if they end up being bad then it should be easy to cancel.

You can try http://services.triton.net
I just hooked it up at my neighbor's house, and it whoops mine for page load and connection speeds.
I never thought accelerator's (680k dload) could work much until I saw what theirs is doing....heck, I'm thinking of switching myself.

And yes, they have numbers all over the "east coast".

Back