• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some pre-assembly pics of my dads microfly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

I built a small pc for my dad to use outta some old components i had, unfortunatly the CPU turned out to be bad, it was a Athlon XP 2600 tbred so i had to go online and search for a used cpu, i happened to pic up a Athlon XP 2200+ tbred for 24 bucks off of ebay with a warranty so that if they send me a bad processor they will replace it free of charge, good deal i think. I also bought a new PSU for more reliability rather then using mr old and busted and a new foxconn mobo, since the mobo i had was from an HP which would have had virtually no bios options whatsoever :rofl: Specs are as follows

Athlon XP 2200+ T-Bred w/ Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040
512mb cheapo ram
40gb western digital caviar IDE HD
DVD/CD-rom IDE
Foxconn K7S741GXMG-6L SiS741GX
Geforce4 Ti4200 8x
Sunbeam 450W Black Tri Mirrored X-Plug Modular Power Supply

000_0071.jpg

000_0069.jpg

000_0070.jpg

000_0073.jpg

000_0072.jpg

CPU should be coming in next week, thats why most of the cables are still disconnected, when that comes in and i get it running ill be posting more pics :D

Looks good, I would never use a case like that...too small...*crawls back to Armor case...*

it is definatly tight ill give you that, it takes some planning to get everything in there right, and a modular power supply is a MUST.

I would like to have a spare rig in a small case like that. Would be great for lans or for moving it around. Would make it really easy to just pick it up and go. If possible try and get the wires out of the way to get as much airflow as possible through there. I would think those small cases might heat up pretty quick if ventilation is poor.

Im actually in the process of planning out a water cooled core 2 duo system in a microfly for myself :)

Spawne32 said:
Im actually in the process of planning out a water cooled core 2 duo system in a microfly for myself :)
Very nice. It looks like a lot of hard work to get a SFF watercooled but the results are always great. Good luck to you on your build.

Back