• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wrecked XP???? Second Post...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobby_Mac

I tried to unlock my 1600+ XP and it worked BUT........................
I used some green trace cover stuff to fill the laser locks and silver laquer to unlock it and it worked for like 5 days. BUT......
After the green CRAP melted or something and my traces sunk and now it is locked again. I tried to clean out the laser locks but no luck. Just wondering if i need a new XP or can this one be fixed.
btw it works @ default speed but as soon as i start to OC it it doesn't work, or i mean it locks up.

Here's is my setup.
Mobo: Soyo Dragon+
CPU: AMD 1600 XP
RAM: Corsair XMS2400 cas2
Video card: Leadtek Titanium TH
Case: Antec SX1030B
HDD: IBM 40GB 7200rpm
cdwriter/DVD: Plextor 8x20
Pioneer 10x (both scsi)
Adapter card: Adaptec 2910(i think)

Don't think you need a new cpu just have to get that stuff off.
What kind of temp's are you hitting?
The core of the cpu gets pretty warm but seems like where the traces are shouldn't get hot enough to melt something.

Temps.

I dunno the temps.
I gotta get MBM and see.
I tried to get the stuff out but in the process i scratches the organics stuff off the cpu. I tried to redo the traces by take as much of the green stuff out and using superglue but it didn't work.
When it was unlocked i hit 1662mhz with a 1.85v core.
I need a better HSF though, i've only got a Dorb3 the 4900rpm version.
It runs fine at 1.4ghz but as soon as i try to bump up the FSB it fails to run certain applications like 3Dmark 2001. so i just overclocked the video card for now.
I dunno what this green stuff is rated to because it is only for covering traces.
The stuff is called Circuitworks Overcoat Pen green.
It also says Chemtronics so i dunno which is the company. But i'll look on there website to see what Temps it can handle.
But i still can't all the overcoat out of the laser locks.
Thanks anyways.

Back