• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Three pumps what to do...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

I have:

3 MCP 655 pumps
1 res with 3 inlets and 3 outlets
2 rads, 1 Thermochill PA120.3, 1 BIX III
1 Storm
2 Koosah in SLI
1 MCW30
150ft Tygon Silver

I have plenty of tube how would you set this up?

I would: Sell 1 pump and the BIX. Just added stuff you dont need. Res > Pump > Pump > Rad > CPU > GPU > GPU > Res.

If you have the room to utilize all this, i'd run the common reservior and have a pump and radiator for both the CPU and GPU loops.

The third pump ? I dont see you needing it. If you really wanted to use it, you might be able to use a Y-splitter and have it force feed the inlets of the 2 other pumps to boost your flowrate even more and as a failsafe. If any one pump died in the system, there would still be sufficient flow to keep things from overheating. Even if both main pumps died, you'd still have flow through both loops. The downside is that the third pump will add more heat into the system, but if you throttle the force feed pump back some it might not be too bad.

Yeesh 150ft of Tygon. Thats a lot lol.

I'd run two separate loops as mentioned above. Put the Thermochill on the CPU loop. Since you're already past excessive, how bout memory and chipset cooling on a third loop?

Back