• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Academic?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

Yes yes I know what you're thinking (not another vista thread). I do have a couple questions about the academic version.
I can get the home premium upgrade (only academic version i know about) through my school. My questions are:
1. Is this an oem style product (can only install on one computer forever...)?
2. Does it come in both 32bit and 64bit flavors?
3. Anyone know if they plan on doing the ultimate edition as a student pack? It'd be nice to have all the features.

Sorry if these have been answered before, I've searched and couldn't find information relating to the upgrade edition.

TIA

well I haven't seen the box I just know its there. Maybe I'll try to take a look and see if its oem. I couldn't imagine it being though, as its an upgrade from a previous version...
Any ideas on my other two questions?

Yeah I figured that since it is an upgrade there is no way it is oem.

Bummer you have to pay for both the 32bit and 64bit. I was hoping it was like some of the other retail versions and came with both disks...

I believe it does, however I've only seen home premium offered to students.

We have the Business version available at my University. It comes with both 32 and 64 Bit. At this time we can only check it out of the software library for 3 days. I just burned a copy :)

Back