• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd writer, not being detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffboss

well installed vista last week and everything was fine, but today my dvd disappeared from my computer and under device manager it is saying that the driver is not found or it is corrupt. been searching the internet but cant find any drivers for vista.

any clue on how to fix this?

burner is below:
lg gsa-4160b

cliffboss said:
well installed vista last week and everything was fine, but today my dvd disappeared from my computer and under device manager it is saying that the driver is not found or it is corrupt. been searching the internet but cant find any drivers for vista.

any clue on how to fix this?

burner is below:
lg gsa-4160b
Make sure your power supply isnt going bad and you may want to do a System Restore

I had the same issue after playing around with the nforce drivers and trying some of the old drivers from the Asus disc (bad idea). Have you done anything like that? If so, undo it. I just reinstalled Vista at that point because I had only installed Vista and I figured it was faster to take 30 minutes to do it again then to trouble shoot.

Oh, Nvidia now has new Nforce drivers up for Vista so, you I would just install those and not play around to much.

Back