• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Cpu For The Money??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nakman8

LOOKING TO GET A NEW CPU FOR CHRISTMAS.RUNNING AN ABIT KT7A-RAID VERSION 1.0. LOOKING AT THE 1.4 T-BIRD 266 OF
COURSE.ALSO LOOKING AT THE T-BIRD 1.0. IT LOOKS VERY
OVERCLOCKABLE TOO. WHICH WOULD OFFER THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCKS? AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY ONE AT THIS TIME.

THANKS

nakman8 said:
LOOKING TO GET A NEW CPU FOR CHRISTMAS.RUNNING AN ABIT KT7A-RAID VERSION 1.0. LOOKING AT THE 1.4 T-BIRD 266 OF
COURSE.ALSO LOOKING AT THE T-BIRD 1.0. IT LOOKS VERY
OVERCLOCKABLE TOO. WHICH WOULD OFFER THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCKS? AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY ONE AT THIS TIME.

THANKS

Check out pricewatch for the best prices on most computer parts. Make sure you check their ratings at www.resellerratings.com before your buy, however. You can usually get a good solid deal and good service from newegg.com as well.

As far as bang for the buck I'd probably go with the t-bird 1.4. You can get the XP 1500(which your board with support with bios update) but I'm unsure as to how well unlocking goes on the new XP's. If you really want to have fun you could consider getting the 1.4 200FSB. But judging from the prices you may want to just go with the 266.

My 1.99999 cents :p

Re: Re: Best Cpu For The Money??

_Will_ said:
You can get the XP 1500(which your board with support with bios update) but I'm unsure as to how well unlocking goes on the new XP's.
The rev. 1.0-1.2 do not support the XPs even with a BIOS update.

Re: Re: Re: Best Cpu For The Money??

sonny said:
The rev. 1.0-1.2 do not support the XPs even with a BIOS update.

I don't know. I've seen a lot of reviews in the past couple of days, that changing my mind! I know it's all about luck. I'm beginning to think it might work!

Back