Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Forum Jump

TJ09 and power supply questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 11:40 PM Thread Starter   #1
DaaG

Question TJ09 and power supply questions

Hello all, going to be building a new pc finally after 3 years of abstinence. The case I want to go with is the Silverstone TJ09 with a PC Power&cooling Silencer 750 quad, so questions I have are,

Is there major concerns with the case having a bottom mounted psu? and is the pc p&c 750 quad enough to run the following gear?

cpu: QX6700
gpu: XFX 8800 GTX XXX x2 for SLI
hdd: WD150 raptor + WD500gb caviar
dvd: Plextor PX-775SA

Not exactly decided on mobo yet will post over in mobo area for that but will be 680i chipset.
Not sure about soundcard or not yet either.
DaaG is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-03-07, 04:18 AM   #2
legionaire45

It should, people have gotten away with SLI on dual 8800GTX's with a GameXStream 700 Watt before so that should work fine.

Primary Computer (3dMark06: 12157): Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 3.2 GHz, Abit IP35-Pro, 4 GB OCZ Fatality 2x2GB DDR2-920, EVGA 8800 GTS(G92), SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Ed., 2 x Samsung SH-203N Lightscribe SATA DVD Drive, Seagate 7200.11 750GB SATA HDD, OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt, Thermaltake Armor w/ window, Logitech G15 and Logitech G5 Keyboard and Mouse, Alsop Hard Artist's Mouse Pad, Benq FP202W, D-Link PCI-Ex Gigabit Ethernet Card

Watercooling my C2D. It is nice and cold.
Xfire/XBL: legionaire45
legionaire45 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-12-07, 01:15 AM   #3
xam5
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaG
Hello all, going to be building a new pc finally after 3 years of abstinence. The case I want to go with is the Silverstone TJ09 with a PC Power&cooling Silencer 750 quad, so questions I have are,

Is there major concerns with the case having a bottom mounted psu? and is the pc p&c 750 quad enough to run the following gear?

cpu: QX6700
gpu: XFX 8800 GTX XXX x2 for SLI
hdd: WD150 raptor + WD500gb caviar
dvd: Plextor PX-775SA

Not exactly decided on mobo yet will post over in mobo area for that but will be 680i chipset.
Not sure about soundcard or not yet either.
Hey DaaG, I was looking to build just about the same exact machine with the same case. The power supply should be enough. I wanted to ask you if you found any good vendors for your parts?
xam5 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Power Supplies and Electronic Devices