• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linksys switch not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

Ok, so iv gottin myself a linksys EZXS88W from the school , they got a stock pile of these (10+ layin around if you search hard, as they used to use them before they switched to gigabit) Anyways, i took one home, and it was working all just fine .

modem>router (wrt54G v2) > EZXS88W , it was working just fine.

Then i unpluged everything, re arranaged my disk (woot its clean now) but.. when i connect the cables up to the switch. the lights are not turning on. or anything, i am using the router right now, but il going to need the ports sooner or later. + i can transfer faster on it then i can on my wrt54g .

Anyways, any ideas to make this thing work?

Are you sure that the switch is plugged in? (Stupid question, but hey it happens). Try another AC adapter. If you have a DMM, use that to see if you're getting any power from the adapter.

Have you tried connecting two computers to the switch and seeing if they can see each other?

Hmm, the power light turns on, but nothign else..seams to work, i connect the cable from the router and the lights dont turn on on either the switch or the router.

Back